5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: October 18, 2022
Greetings and greetings. Here are five (actually, more) updates of tech news, insights, discussions and more to start your day on Tuesday, October 18, 2022. Sip.
What’s in our daily infusion?
- Who we serve: Content for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), IT Service Providers (ITSPs), Cybersecurity Consultants, Technology Solution Providers (TSPs), System Integrators, VARs, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) , distributors, and any other partner acronyms that further caffeine our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Generally every working morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to the Executive Vice President and Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology News, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program
1. Survey – Top 250 Public Cloud MSPs: Enter here to earn potential honors. The survey is open to all MSPs worldwide. We will share the results and winners in the fourth quarter of 2022.
2. Survey – Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Enter here to earn potential honors. The survey is open to all MSPs worldwide. We will share the results and winners in the first half of 2023.
3. Microsoft Licensing: Report Suggests Microsoft Made Targeted Layoffs…
4. Cloud services venture capital is collapsing: The amount of money invested in private cloud companies in Europe, Israel and the United States fell 42% in the third quarter of 2022, a report by venture capital firm Accel showed, according to Reuters.
5. Rating Reset: Intel’s Mobileye is targeting a valuation of nearly $16 billion in its initial public offering (IPO), less than a third of what it previously expected, Reuters noted.
6. Broadcast – Conference: The D&H Thread conference meets Wednesday in Anaheim, California.
7. Distribution – Networking and more: Comstor has expanded its partnership with Cisco Systems to “nurture a future-ready channel ecosystem in Malaysia”, the two companies said.
8. Partner Program – Communications: Nylas has launched a channel partner program through a strategic partnership with UpStack. The result: UpStack’s network of 2,000 certified developers can now take advantage of Nylas through the UpStack Marketplace.
9. Partner Relationship Management (PRM): Zift Solutions has unveiled ZiftONE for Ecosystems, a “new package for powering channel partner program ecosystems,” the company said. The system supports multi-partner transaction registration, vendor locator and other features.
10. Cloud Cost Management: Sumo Logic has launched a new app for AWS Cost Explorer. This app helps customers track and visualize AWS Cost Explorer data through the Sumo Logic platform across account, region and department levels, Sumo Logic said.
11. AWS Marketplace – Payment Automation: Boomi launched Boomi Disbursement for AWS Marketplace. The solution “aims to help customers automate revenue recognition and reconciliation, shortening payment time for AWS Marketplace sellers,” Boomi said.
12. Data protection: Zscaler announced “new advancements” that “accelerate data protection programs from months to hours without any configuration for data loss prevention (DLP),” the cloud security company said.
13. IT Services – Management: The ePlus Board of Directors has grown to include Renée Bergeron, Chief Operating Officer of AppDirect.
14. B2B Commerce – Simplified Branding: AppDirect, a B2B subscription-based commerce platform, plans to unify its AppDirect and AppSmart entities under the AppDirect brand. Customers will begin seeing changes related to this alignment across the company’s platforms, website and social media in January 2023, AppDirect said.
15. Talent – Platform as a Service: Userful Corporation has hired AccelOps, AWS, and Dell EMC veteran Jay Phillips as chief revenue officer (CRO).