Kerbal Space Program 2 will launch in early access on PC on February 24, 2023
Kerbal Space Program 2 will be launched in early access for computer Going through Steam, epic games Store and other digital storefronts on February 24, 2023, editor Private Division and developer Interception games announcement. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions will follow at a later date.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Private Division:
the original Kerbal Space Program is one of the most beloved games of all time, and years after its release, it’s bigger than ever. Its sequel, Kerbal Space Program 2, has been completely redesigned to meet the demands of modern, next-gen space exploration, while retaining the monumental foundations of the first game. Build a space program, construct powerful spacecraft, and navigate vast celestial bodies as you explore the cosmic mysteries. Released in early access as a tribute to the launch of the original game, Kerbal Space Program 2 will allow players to see features as they are built and provide feedback to shape this exciting game throughout development. New features will be periodically added through Early Access that will captivate veterans and returning players, and usher in a whole new wave of Kerbonauts into the ingenious and comical world that has entertained millions.
- Major Updates During Early Access – Get a front row seat as major new systems come online, including the addition of new star systems, interstellar travel technologies, colonies, multiplayer, and more. Participate in the development process by providing feedback throughout the Early Access period and be the first to play exciting updates as soon as they are released.
- Improved integration – Kerbal Space Program 2 will create a whole new generation of spaceflight experts who will find themselves accidentally learning the basics of rocket science. New animated tutorials, an improved user interface, and completely redesigned assembly and flight interfaces allow experienced and novice players alike to quickly put their creativity to the test without sacrificing any of the challenges of the original game.
- Customizable parts and new spaceflight technology – In Kerbal Space Program 2creations of astonishing inventiveness which Kerbal Space Program is known to be taken to a whole new level. Players will be thrilled and challenged by a new generation of engines, parts, fuel, improved variants, procedural parts systems and more. The overhauled vehicle assembly interface includes part sorting and a blueprint view for making fine adjustments. And of course, new room coloring lets you customize your creations like never before.
- Rich new environments to explore – Unprecedented detail, variety and realism make every celestial body a rewarding destination. Clouds, atmospheric diffusion, and an all-new terrain system combine to take your breath away, from ground level to orbit!
- New tools to optimize your exploration of the universe – Along with other massive UI/UX improvements, you can now use time warp while accelerating and easily plan complex maneuvers using the new non-impulse maneuver planner. New sphere of influence and atmosphere indicators take the guesswork out of interplanetary maneuvers!
Key Features Coming in Early Access
- Next Generation Technology – As game updates progress, players will gain access to a whole new set of next-gen tools and technology, including new engines, parts, fuel, and more. This new technology will not only create new puzzles for players to solve, but will also enable new feats of space exploration within and beyond the original Kerbolar system.
- Colonies – All new to Kerbal Space Program 2 are colonies. Colonies not only pose their own physical challenges, but also require the gathering of resources to build unique structures, space stations, dwellings, and fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space exploration and beyond.
- Interstellar travel – Next-gen technology, colonies, and systematic resource gathering all lead to a whole new level of exploration: interstellar travel. In Kerbal Space Program 2, interstellar technologies pave the way for a host of new star systems and celestial bodies, each with new challenges and hidden treasures. Among them: Charr, a world of heat-blown iron; Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity; Rask and Rusk, a binary couple locked in a macabre dance; and many more to reward exploration.
- Multiplayer / Modding – The technological developments made to the foundations of Kerbal Space Program 2 will build on the beloved modding capabilities of the original game, as well as the long-requested addition of multiplayer. Soon, players will be able to share the challenges of deep space exploration. More details about these features will be revealed later.
Watch a new trailer below. See a new set of screenshots in the gallery.