Program Manager, Artificial Intelligence job with RMIT VIETNAM
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has had campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide high quality, internationally recognized professional education and training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources. capacity in Vietnam and the region by welcoming students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology is associated with STEM College, RMIT University Melbourne, offering the College’s awards programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught at the Vietnam campus include Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics), Bachelor of in Applied Science (Aviation), Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology), Bachelor of Science (Food Technology and Nutrition, Master of Artificial Intelligence and Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
As a senior staff member of RMIT Vietnam in Master of AI, the Program Manager (PM) will provide leadership of the discipline of artificial intelligence in education, research, engagement and administration. The PM should be proactive in facilitating education and research initiatives in Vietnam and around the world. The PM will work collaboratively within RMIT as a global university, and with RMIT’s industry, government, community and academic partners, to achieve partnership-based growth.
The PM will oversee the newly introduced AI Masters program for RMIT Vietnam and be responsible for the quality, viability and relevance of the program for RMIT Vietnam. This will involve providing leadership and direction to course coordinators teaching in the program and ensuring a cohesive and effective program approach to learning and teaching. The PM will facilitate the ongoing development of teaching materials and regularly monitor and improve program performance. The GP will also provide leadership with respect to active and appropriate student engagement to ensure engagement and adherence to all relevant university, college, and school policies, procedures, and protocols and internal and external accreditation requirements. The PM will also monitor demand for the program at RMIT Vietnam and seek to continually improve the extent to which the program achieves required academic outcomes, student experience, and employment outcomes. The PM will contribute to the planning and implementation of any future programs in the discipline of artificial intelligence, as well as the management of these programs once implemented.
The PM will be active in research and foster the growth of a cohort of PhD students and lead research initiatives in the areas of artificial intelligence, supported by the School of Science, Engineering & Technology and STEM College. The PM will be active in building partnerships with academia, industry, government and the community.
The PM will develop and deliver training courses in disciplines related to artificial intelligence within the undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the School.
The PM will be central to the long-term growth of the School. Terms are renewable every two years subject to the achievement of agreed performance targets.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide the way we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and communicate with each other. Our people make everything possible at the University. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to generate positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, preparing them for life and work. You will be part of a productive and collaborative team, which values working relationships and results through open and inclusive planning, continuous sharing of information and transparent work practices.
- PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral degree
- At least 5 years of relevant teaching experience in a university environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and deliver programs, implement program improvements and innovative approaches to student-centered learning and quality improvement programs with a minimum of five years of teaching experience of relevant programs/courses at the undergraduate level.
- Globally recognized research track record, including a substantial record of research results in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition.
- Extensive research leadership experience with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to achieve high quality results, attract and secure external research funding to support efforts and manage funded research projects, including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising candidates seeking higher degrees to maximize research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead academic development and to manage and supervise intercultural academic teams between Australia and Vietnam.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a university.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to consult with senior management and external bodies, produce executive reports and negotiate agreed directions, results and objectives in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability as an effective member of a management team that develops and achieves common goals and objectives.
- Very competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive salary package in USD (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates based on its proven track record in meeting all key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: One-time resettlement grant of USD 6,000; School support up to 15,000 USD per child per year, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check; Work permits for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check-up.
- 20 days of annual leave plus 5 days of paid leave at Christmas closing, plus public holidays and 10 days of paid sick leave.
- Support and advice from an experienced mobility advisor to help with the work permit and visa application
Expat candidates in Vietnam can apply for this position, but to successfully obtain a work permit, you will need to demonstrate the relevant qualification and at least 5 years of relevant teaching experience in this discipline.
English is the language of instruction and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and no band lower than 6.5 (or equivalent).
HOW TO REGISTER
Please submit your CV, a cover letter and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below.
Closing of applications:
30 Thursday 8 2022 11:59 p.m.
RMIT Vietnam University (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam creates an innovative culture of research, teaching and learning. We are committed to providing internationally recognized, high-quality professional education and training to our students, clients, and community members. As an internationally renowned Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam helps develop human resource capacity in Vietnam and the region.