Registration is open for the Toms River Rec after-school program
Yes, it’s still summer, but before you know it, we’ll be back in school and back to a normal work schedule and parents will be looking for creative, positive programs for their kids to do after. school. Don’t miss the opportunity to enroll your child in our Toms River Youth Services after-school program. Registration is now open. Don’t wait too long as these programs fill up quickly in Toms River. We have received details of Mayor Hill office in Toms River Township.
To be eligible for the after-school care program:
- Both parents or single parents must work
- Children must be 1st to 5th grade
- · Children must be picked up before 5:00 p.m.
- Must be a resident of Toms River Township
Youth Services can accommodate 30 children on a first-come, first-served basis. Transportation is arranged by the Toms River School System to transport from these schools directly to Youth Services: Hooper Avenue Elementary, North Dover Elementary and Walnut Street Elementary.
The after-school program includes educational assistance, peer interaction, crafts, snacks, in-house educational services, television time, and outdoor activities when weather permits.
Visit www.tomsrivertownship.com and under “Departments”, go to Hobbies and “Register for Programs”. Please call Youth Services at 732-341-1000 ext. 8436 for more information.
Families must create an account for all programs at http://register.communitypass.net/tomsriver and choose “Toms River” from the drop-down list. Below are brief instructions on how to access the online system:
1) Login to http://register.communitypass.net/tomsriver
2) Click on “Create an account for your family now”
3) Complete account information and click “submit”
4) Click “Enroll Now” to start enrolling in programs
5) View recreation programs and click to register
It’s a wonderful program for kids and families, so take advantage of it before it fills up and have a great school year.